David Walker 07843 134810
Professional, well organised individual with the ability to manage own workload effectively. Key skills include upselling, customer service, communication, analysis, problem solving and media relations. I have an eye for detail and repeatedly helped companies maximise their profits by analysing their strategies and implementing key areas for improvement.
Work experience summary
I’ve worked for 38 years within the Theatre, Film and TV industry within both an office environment and on set. My skills include freight management, logistics, co-ordination, customer advisory, marketing and other general admin tasks as required by the client. Additionally, I’m a qualified journalist and have written articles for several UK national publications. As the Pandemic has reduced the ability for theatres to run at full capacity, I’m now looking for alternate employment that can utilise my skillset and extended experience.
Selection of previous employment establishments
· AJS Theatre Supplies, Ringwood, Hampshire – Hire Manager 1990 - 2005
· Stagecraft, Salisbury, Wiltshire – Sales and Hire department admin 2005 - 2008
· Stage Electrics, Southwark, London – Sales and Hire department admin 2009 - 2015
· Neg Earth Lights, Heathrow, London – Acting Hire Manager, 1 year contract. 2015 – 2016
· From 2016 to present day, I’ve been primarily involved in a freelance capacity at different establishments which include 4 radio station newsrooms as well as at Pinewood and Shepperton Studios. This was also the case prior to taking up a full-time position in 1990.
· GCSE’s Grades A – C.
· HNC Microelectronics.
· Radio Communications – Parts 1 & 2.
· First Aid at Work – including the use of a Defibrillator.
· HND British College of Journalism.
I have a keen interest in endurance car rallies and was the main organiser for the first ever Paris to Peking rally using cars costing less than £100. This required the use of several skills including working with foreign Embassy’s, negotiation, finance control and media relations. In my spare time I enjoy aerial photography by drone, historical research and am currently studying to be a pilot.
I’m based near the south coast in Dorset.